The story is set at a non-specific time roughly two centuries after the Megaspell holocaust, but some time before Littlepip and the events of Fallout: Equestria. It takes place in an unknown region of the Equestrian Wastelands with no specific landmarks to indicate its location.
Other characters encountered by Lucky Day include:
- Starry Night — An Enclave officer (Captain of the 173rd Engineering Brigade) on a mission by herself to find something in the wasteland.
- Trailblazer — A Dashite who has been in the wasteland for several years and has made friends who help him in his plans to make life better in the local region.
- Jade — An earth pony gang leader who provides security for Trailblazer.
- Grift — A former mercenary/Jack-of-all-trades who provides tactical, medical, and other miscellaneous support for Trailblazer.
- Rake — A reformed raider who helps reform other raiders and keeps them in line as a sort of cavalry reserve for Trailblazer.
- Janus — A mysterious figure from long ago who has left several notes which Lucky Day keeps finding.