The Equestrian Wasteland can be roughly divided into several regions: the Canterlot ruins, the Fillydelphia ruins, the Everfree Forest, the Manehattan ruins, the countryside surrounding New Appleloosa, and the Ponyville ruins. There is also the region above the cloud cover occupied by pegasi, and Littlehorn Valley, which exists near the border between Equestria and the zebra nation.
The Equestrian Heartland
The Equestrian Heartland is a large expanse of rural countryside nestled between the major metropolitan centers of pre-war civilization. Population levels have always been generally low in the Equestrian countryside; most pre-war settlements were minor farming towns and trading outposts, and this continues to hold true for the majority of post-war settlements.
- New Appleloosa, a trading outpost at the center of the Heartland.
- Appleloosa, a slaver outpost in the eastern Heartland.
- The Republic
- Junction R-7, a mercenary outpost in the southeastern Heartland
- Shattered Hoof Correctional Facility, a mercenary outpost near Junction R-7.
- Old Olneigh, a township in Splendid Valley inhabited by Hellhounds.
- Maripony, a Ministry of Arcane Sciences hub situated in Splendid Valley and occupied by the unnamed faction of mutated Maripony Alicorns.
- Stable 24
Ponyville was the largest farming settlement in the Equestrian countryside prior to the war. It was known for its apple farms. It is now in ruins and has become a center for raider activity.
Manehattan, situated in southwestern Equestria, was a pre-war metropolis and one of Equestria's largest and most dense population centers prior to the war. It is now a sprawling ruin, having been a target of a significant megaspell detonation.
- Tenpony Tower, a high-class settlement situated in the well-preserved ruins of a Ministry of Arcane Sciences Hub.
- Bucklyn Cross, a Steel Rangers fortification situated on the free-standing remains of the Bucklyn Bridge.
- Arbu, a settlement on the shores of Manehattan Harbor.
- Friendship City, a large settlement situated inside the ruins of the Statue of Friendship in Manehattan Harbor.
- Gutterville, a settlement that went quiet, revealed to have been wiped out by a mad ghoul scientist, who used the inhabitants of the town in experiments.
- Fetlock, suburban ruins on the outskirts of Manehattan
- Ministry of Morale Manehattan Hub
- Hoofbeats, a famous Manehattan nightclub on the ground floor of the Ministry of Morale Hub
- Red Racer
- Gummy's Retirement Hostel & Alligator Sanctuary
- Horseshoe Tower
- Four Stars Grand Terminal, the HQ of the Four Stars monorail company.
- Manehattan Blast Zone, ground zero of the Manehattan megaspell.
- Luna Line, a monorail line.
- Celestia Line, a monorail line.
- Manehattan Gardens
- Pony of Friendship
- Alpha-Omega Hotel
- Stable-Tec HQ, the former headquarters of Stable-Tec Corporation, now occupied by the Fillydelphia chapter of the Steel Rangers.
- Stable 0, a prototype Stable still under construction.
- Fillydelphia FunFarm
- Fillydelphia Main Gate, the entrance to Fillydelphia guarded by Red Eye's Army.
- Roamer Bar - A slaver hangout just outside the Fillydelphia wall.
Canterlot, situated on a steep mountainside in the northeastern Equestrian Wastelands, was a pre-war metropolis and the capital of the pony nation of Equestria. As the center of government in Equestria, it was home to Princesses Celestia and Luna, as well as the headquarters of the six ministries that comprised pre-war Equestrian parliament. The majority of its population consisted of unicorns. It is now an irradiated ruin, having been the target of a pink cloud megaspell detonation.
- Downtown Canterlot
The Everfree Forest
The Everfree Forest, located in the northwestern Equestrian Wasteland, is a large expanse of woodland that has yet to be exposed to megaspell radiation. Despite its purity, the entire region has always been a magical abnormality, and many strange flora and fauna exist there, making it a dangerous and unpredictable location.
- Killing Joke Hill - A grove filled with fields of killing joke and a mutated tree dominating the center of the grove.
- Lookout Plateau