The ministry was formed when Princess Luna asked Twilight Sparkle and her friends to assist her in the war effort more directly. The six friends each had a ministry which was responsible for helping Equestria win the war, developing new ways to bring about victory.
Twilight's Ministry The Ministry of Arcane Science was tasked with researching new spells, anything related to magic, and anything that could give them an advantage in the war. Twilight worked with the other ministries in joint projects and headed a few personal projects as well during the war.
The Impelled Metamorphosis Potion (I.M.P.), which later on came to be known as Taint, was developed by Twilight Sparkle herself. The goal of the project was to create an army of artificial Alicorns loyal to Equestria. The Alicorns would be far more powerful than a typical unicorn and possess the flight and cloud walking/cloud controlling abilities of a Pegasus and the fortitude of an Earth Pony.
The ministry was also involved in numerous joint projects with The Ministry of Wartime Technology, such as the Steel Ranger power armor.
Notes and Trivia
- Operated by Twilight Sparkle.
- Had a research base at Maripony.
- Was responsible for the creation of numerous spells like E.F.S -Eyes forward Sparkle & Friendly/Hostile indicator. Exactly how these spells work continue to baffle Ponies in post-apocalyptic Equestria.
- Created I.M.P., which would lead to the rise of The Goddess in the Equestrian Wasteland.
- They used Stable 13 for experiments, and its inhabitants where ponies that worked for the Ministry.